May 6, 2011

Another "Smilebox"

So ... the weekend passed by quickly as we enjoyed 3 full days and nights in Texas with Eddie and the boys...got to visit with Laura and her family..SaRita and David..Herk and his family..Christine and Mark...There was seventeen of us together at one time.

When Barb, Lorie and I left Alabama we weren't expecting the cold weather in Dallas...we arrived with only our warm-weather clothes and sandals..We landed at DFW around 6 pm Sat. night...Eddie, the boys, SaRita and David all met us at the airport...we went by Eddies to drop off luggage and than over to Cafe Max to meet up with Herk and Karen, Christine and Mark. I had cream of potato soup and a Caesar salad. We stayed up pretty late Saturday night...looking at different videos on UTube..taking pictures, etc..
Sunday we all met for breakfast at Hubbards in Garland, ...We went from there to Canton to see Laura and her family. It was "First Monday" weekend so we managed to spend some time there...the cold front blew in late that afternoon. Laura came back to Dallas with us. We got back to Richardson around 8 pm I think...went over to Jake's Hamburgers for some supper. We were near a Target so after we ate we went in and purchased something to wear to help keep warm. I got an "all-purpose" rain coat and some canvas shoes..sure made a difference in my comfort..
Eddie and Laura took Monday off from work ... we went to North Park Mall ...had some lunch at LaMadalines and then went to the theater.... . The movie, "Water for Buffalo's" was just so-so..Monday night we had supper at El Fenix in Plano.
Tuesday morning Laura went back to Canton and Eddie went back to work.  We did not have a car so were unable to go anywhere... we rescheduled our pick-up service to DFW for an earlier time...12:30....due to our early arrival and a problem with the plane we ended up being at the airport for about 4 and a half hours...our flight was round trip from Nashville... the cost of a trip to Dallas is much cheaper if taken from there, rather than Huntsville...besides, Huntsville had no power so the airport was closed...soooo...we got home around 11 pm..pooped! Luckly the power was restored at our house on Tuesday!
It was very good to see everyone...but being there makes me sad....we lived there so long..all the places were where we had been together...I miss him so much!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free picture slideshow

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I enjoyed that smilebox! I got to see Herk and Karen as well because they came up to my dept. I was so glad to see them. Hope to see them again soon. So sorry I didn't get to see you, but the smilebox helped. Paul is doing well. He has lost so much weight. You won't know him. If I were smart like you I would have done some pictures of his recovery time. Love ya, Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cafe Max? I thought it was Express.

    ReplyDelete